Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 20:

Printed out 1 of each label and put them on the bottles! I'll put up pics when I get around to it, but it was pretty simple.

Everything I've read from other homebrewers has told me that actual sticker labels don't serve our purpose well and are hard to get off, so I just used straight-up paper. Of course, when dealing with paper you still need an adhesive. Milk, surprisingly enough, is actually really good for this. It's due to the water-soluble proteins already in it. Think about an unwashed glass of milk - after you drink the contents, a sort of milk-haze still rings the glass, clinging on. This is the drying protein from the milk, and it will stay on there as long as you let it. What makes this perfect for labeling my bottles is the water-soluble properties - they'll wash right off, leaving our nice thick glass bottles ready for reuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment