Thursday, August 19, 2010

What I've Been Watching:

So, since I can't be bothered to be restrained by television schedules, I acquire any shows I'd like to watch and view at my leisure via a system of shared data many call "the internet". I only really watch while falling asleep at night, so I don't tend to watch a lot unless I find something to obsess over.

Here's what's been on the docket over the past week or two:

Life (BBC version)
Incredible hi-def series of nature documentaries. Filmed over three years and often shot with high-speed cameras, it contains some of the most unique footage ever to be shown. I tend to prefer BBC documentaries because the narration is unquestionable better.

The reptiles episode has been my favorite of the ones I've seen so far - and here's a picture of a Jesus Lizard running on water!


Hard Knocks (Jets)
HBO's fly-on-the-wall series covering an NFL training camp. This year they're covering my team, the New York Jets and their loudmouth, cursing-a-blue-streak, always entertaining coach, Rex Ryan.

Sherlock
Another BBC series, updating the old Sherlock Holmes stories for the modern era. Starring Martin Freeman (Tim from the UK's version of The Office) as Watson, and a man with the most British name I've ever heard, Benedict Cumberbatch, as Holmes.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta check out Life, I've been watching Planet Earth before I go to sleep. Watchin the bbc version too because they got OPRAH to do the american version! I guess morgan freeman was busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the American narration choices are always insane

    ReplyDelete